Create an Online Store with Shopify: A Step-by-Step Guide
Now you can set up your own Shopify account, create an online store, and start selling your products online! Follow this step-by-step guide and set up your own store in just a few minutes!
Shopify is one of the best and probably the easiest way to set up your own online store and start selling. It doesn’t matter whether you want to make extra money on the side or you want to build a successful online business, Shopify is without a doubt the fastest way to establish an online presence and start selling.
In this article, we will discuss how to create an online store by using Shopify. All you need to do is follow a couple of steps. Before we present you our step-by-step guide, we would like to present you a few reasons why you should choose Shopify.
Usually, most shop owners don’t want to complicate things or go through the hassle of creating a website from scratch, designing it, and maintaining the tricky parts. All these shop owners want to do is sell online and this is the point where Shopify comes in.
There are lots of benefits of using Shopify. Some of the benefits you should know about are:
- You don’t need to know coding to create your own Shopify store. Shopify will walk you through the process and you will be able to build your store without taking lessons or learning web code.
- Shopify allows you to add your domain, hosts the store, and maintains the complicated technical details.
- Designing your online store is quite easy. There are lots of templates and themes to choose from and you can customize these themes according to your needs and preferences.
- Shopify manages, processes, and tracks, all of your orders, as well as, payments. You will need to focus on your business only.
MONDAY - FRIDAY
7AM – 11AM
11AM – 10PM
SATURDAY - SUNDAY
8AM – 1AM
1AM – 9PM
Send Your Queries
If you want to create an online store, all you need to do is follow these steps:
- Sign Up - The first thing you need to do is sign up. Enter your email address and get started.
- Name your Online Store - The next thing you should do is give your new store a name.
- Add an Address - You need to add your address so Shopify can calculate the sales tax for you. Shopify will also calculate your payments.
- Customize the design - This is probably the most interesting part. You need to first choose a theme for your new store and then customize the theme according to the products you are selling. Shopify has more than 100 different design templates. You can change the colors, layouts, photos, and etc.
- Add your Products – Once you are done customizing, you need to navigate back to your dashboard and find the option “Add a product”. You need to add products to your store, enter the names of the products, and don’t forget to describe them. A good description is really important if you want to convince the online shoppers to purchase your products or services.
- Set up Price & Inventory – You need to enter the price of your products and Shopify will automatically add the sales tax (the sales tax is calculated based on your location).
- Add Your Payment Mechanism – Go to Settings > Payments and choose your preferred payment method.
You are done. The last thing you need to do is click “Publish” and your new online store is ready to go live!
500 Terry Francois St.